Our Crappy Camera Phone Photo Album

This blog contains low-quality camera-phone pictures taken by Stan, Ashman, Kristen, Meagan and whoever else we've invited!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Wentworth Chevytown rotating sign


The quality is even crappier than ever, because I didn't realize that I took this on the Low quality setting (which produces a smaller image). So I had to blow it up to match the rest of the images. I really like the picture, though.

I love signs like these. They always bring character to a neighborhood, especially when they are older landmarks. See these posts for more examples.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Scott said…

    I see that they haven't updated that sign yet. I guess they probably never will, I would say it's a Portland landmark.
    Is the "Made in Oregon" sign still at the end of the Burnside Bridge?

    slrtzt

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger stan said…

    Yep, and the jumping deer has the red nose as always.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger kristen said…

    does he have a hula hoop also?

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger stan said…

    Not so much with the hula hoop.

    Here's a photo of the sign. It used to be a sign for White Stag clothing, until the company moved to California. The sign was bought by the Made In Oregon company and transformed. Every Christmas time the deer's nose is lit up like Rudolph.

    Don't you just love Portland?

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    Yes, yes I do love Portland!

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger stan said…

    Then get down here man! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home